+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amazing Fly Fishing Opportunity

Cool Amazing Fly Fishing Opportunity

Amazing Fly Fishing Opportunity at your convenience for Spring 2009. Visit Fenchman's Pond, the favorite fishing spot of John Voelker a.k.a. Robert Traver, author of "Trout Magic", "Trout Madness", and "Anatomy of a Murder." Your guides for the day will be Judge Michael Anderegg and Mike Stefanac, both friends of Judge Voelker. A gourmet lunch will be provided. Package also includes a handmade graphite fly rod, G.Loomis GL3, 9 ft. for 5 wt., and a copy of the book "Voelker's Pond" with descriptions and photos of the spot you'll visit. Hosts for the day will be Grace Voelker Woods and Ernest Woods, daughter and son-in-law of John Voelker. All proceeds will go to the Marquette County History Museum, Marquette, MI. Please send sealed bids and method of payment to Kay Hiebel, Museum Director by Oct. 23 at 213 N. Front Street , Marquette, Mi 49855 or call Kay at 906 226 3571 by afternoon of October 23 and advise her how high you would be willing to bid, your name, and method of payment. Package does not include lodging or travel to Marquette.

What a journey for some one to be able take.

We are so fortunate that he was such a great author. His wonderful books allow us to journey with his very thoughts, to his favorite haunts, as he lived them..

Good Luck to Someone...
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Blog Entries

My father was stationed at KI Sawyer AFB prior to our move to Elmendorf in 1964. Voelker came to the base rod and gun club to give a short talk and I remember a little of it. There were a lot of those things in my youth and few stand out. My father was an accomplished tier at the time, assembling large framed fly displays, and I can remember Voelker complimenting my father for one.

I have revisited Trout Madness several times over the years and have "forced" several youg fly fishermen to read it.
    art

"It isn't that I feel fly fishing is all that important, but rather all of Man's other endeavors are equally unimportant...sic" Robert Traver

+ Reply to Thread