I am posting an e-mail that we received from a teacher at Kettle Falls Washington. I thought maybe someone in the area may be able to help with this program. If it inappropriate, please delete.

Bill

Steve Kroiss
Kettle Falls Middle School
1275 Juniper
PO 458
Kettle Falls Washington
W (509) 738-6014
H (509) 675-1494

Hello, my name is Steve Kroiss; I am a 6th grade teacher in Kettle Falls Washington. Our small town is located near the Columbia River forty miles from the Canadian border. Recently due to a schedule change I was allowed a thirty-minute block of time each day to have a fly tying club. I started the club out very small (8 students) due to the fact that I am a novice tier myself. It has turned out that many other students are begging to join. It is my goal to eventually open the doors to allow more to join and be taught the art by the original members.

I have never found another activity that is as hands on and meaningful for kids as fly tying. It has been an awesome experience to watch them work together and be so engaged. We are currently getting by on borrowed equipment from community members. One gentleman is donating one day a week to come in and introduce a new fly for the students to work on for the week.

I am writing this letter as a request for any donations that your company may be able to send to us. We are in need of anything that has to do with fly tying: tools, materials, teaching videos, suggestions, etc. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.