+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nice story, Bill Hillman!

Default Nice story, Bill Hillman!

Bill,

I just got back to Kansas from a trip to Sante Fe, NM and read your Warmwater story published this week. Pretty cool! Keep 'em coming; no doubt there's lots of places you fish in near home and I would enjoy reading about those trips.

Three springs ago I tried for white bass in a creek that flows into a federal lake west of Lawrence. Very narrow creek channel, but nowhere near as narrow as what your story describes. It took me a while that day to get comfortable casting in that creek, but eventually I caught five nice white bass. What a gas! Wish I'd written a story about that trip, but I didn't for some reason. Your story really brought back the excitement I felt that day.

Nice job, man! Keep 'em coming!

Joe
    "Better small than not at all."

I agree with Joe. Good story and great descirptions.

The canoe keeps me away from most of the thorns, until I try to retrieve a fly.

Rick

Very entertaining story and can relate to it. Sounds like your creek is far better than mine. Maybe I am too far from the nearest lake but still have fun. As Joe says better small than none at all.

I can surely relate. I began walking through a field to get to the pond I was going to fish when I looked up and noticed a plethora of spider webs as seen here:

I figured that I would just keep going, because surely most of them were old and unoccupied. Boy was I wrong! Every one I could see had one of these sitting in it:

They were doing their best to keep the grasshopper population under control.

As I quickly backed out of the tall grass I saw something on my legs and I did a very similar dance to the one described as I slapped at my legs and kicked and possibly even screamed a little. Then the thing on my leg jumped away as all grasshoppers do. Then the people in the passing cars started laughing and I became a little embarrassed. Oh, well, I'll live.
    Don Rolfson

+ Reply to Thread