Thread: Cookies and Milk, never the same again!

Threaded View

Unhappy Cookies and Milk, never the same again! ??

Mother's Cookies are no more
    Posted Oct 9th 2008 11:31AM by Marisa McClellan
    Filed under: Bakeries, Food News
    When I think of Mother's Cookies, I immediately slip back into my childhood. I remember Sunday School snack, which often consisted of a tiny cup of grape juice and one or two of those pink and white frosted, animal shaped sugar cookies. During high school, my friends and I would often run to the dirty downtown Safeway for snacks to last us through play rehearsal and often, a bag of Mother's Cookies would return to school with us.

As of this Monday, there will be no more fresh memories of Mother's Cookies. The Oakland, CA-based company abruptly closed their doors and filed for bankruptcy protection, citing the rising costs of fuel and supplies as the reason. A number of people lost their jobs in the closing and the country lost an iconic cookie.
    I grew up very close to the Oakland cookie plant, I remember My Dad used to stop there,
    they had a cookie shop right out in front of the place, we use to bring home brown bags with broken cookies
    from their days production runs..

Dad always right up until the day he passed away, he kept a bag of Mothers animal cookies under his desk,
    what great memories, darn this news of Mothers Cookies closing really bothers me.....

I sure do like my cookies and milk!

I will miss the Mothers brand....

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 10-15-2008 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Just because....