+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For owners of Teton and Tioga Flyreels!

Hybrid View

Default For owners of Teton and Tioga Flyreels!

From Teton's website:

Teton Fly Reels is currently going through a temporary transition. Production has temporarily been suspended as a new buyer is being sought. We will, however, continue to honor the warranty as always as long as parts are available. We will also continue to fill orders with the current inventory until production resumes. Please feel free to call for current prices or any questions you may have. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

Regards,
    Teton Fly Reels

"Sign of the times"?? I hate to see this happen, to such a fine reel company. I sure hope they can survive, either on their own or, if purchased by a reputable buyer.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Such a fine company?? WTF does that mean? Was OJ simpson SUCH A FINE MAN to usc fans?

Have you not seen all the reports from reps, dealers, wholesales that the person who raun teton was a horrible human bein constantly trying to dodge lawsuits? He screwed so many people he had so much debt and liens against him he couldnt continue. HE WAS NOT A FINE MAN.

Quote Originally Posted by flybinder View Post
    From Teton's website:

Teton Fly Reels is currently going through a temporary transition. Production has temporarily been suspended as a new buyer is being sought. We will, however, continue to honor the warranty as always as long as parts are available. We will also continue to fill orders with the current inventory until production resumes. Please feel free to call for current prices or any questions you may have. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

Regards,
    Teton Fly Reels

"Sign of the times"?? I hate to see this happen, to such a fine reel company. I sure hope they can survive, either on their own or, if purchased by a reputable buyer.

Cold Guest

Good job on waiting a year and a half to reply to that one there, chief.

Update that is on-topic: the new owners, Teton USA, are currently producing and distributing several sizes of the Teton Classic which, so far as I can tell, is pretty much identical to the old ones.

Though they haven't made them yet, I'm hoping the Tioga spools will be compatible with the old bodies. If they do, I'll be doing business with them, if not, I probably wont.

I'm very dissappointed. When I saw a post by flybinder I had hoped that Paul was feeling well enough to become active here again.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

rainbowchaser,

I am with you on this thread. My spirits jumped when I saw that the post was from Paul and then I looked at the date of the post. I have worried about Paul and thought about him often for over a year.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    rainbowchaser,

I am with you on this thread. My spirits jumped when I saw that the post was from Paul and then I looked at the date of the post. I have worried about Paul and thought about him often for over a year.
    Same here, Warren.

Paul was one of the main reasons I decided to join the Bulletin Board. I think of him from time to time and hope all is well.

Maybe Jeff will see this thread and give us an update ??

John
    The fish are always right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post

Though they haven't made them yet, I'm hoping the Tioga spools will be compatible with the old bodies. If they do, I'll be doing business with them, if not, I probably wont.
    I dont think they will fit....*sigh*

Unfortunately we are one of the companies they screwed....

+ Reply to Thread