Had fun with the first class, so last night we went to bassman's second class on fly tying. Ok, I must admit that I didn't practice between classes. But I had gone to BassPro Shop to see what sort of stuff was available and at what prices. Phew! What a wide array of stuff.

We tied 3 Buggers. Sheesh, wife ties so much faster than me! And they look better. (Probably means I'll be taking bassman's remedial class next time.) More stuff to add to the hook, but it seems to me that tying feathers is getting a bit easier. Or I'm getting more addicted.

Then we tied 3 foam beetles. Technique was easy enough. But that first one would have been better on say a 20 rather than a 16 size hook.

Last we took a shot at a foam hopper. Only had time to do one. I wasn't happy with it. I mean, the hopper looked pretty decent, but it was looser on the hook than I thought appropriate. (John tells me I'll be my own worst critic - he's right. Always have been.) Homework is to tie two more.

So now its killing me... gotta get out and see if I can actually catch something with one of these that I've tied. (errrr... besides the green tree fish.) Hmmmm... going with grandson tomorrow to "The Pumpkin Patch" - along with 60 of his classmates. Got the afternoon off.............