Quote Originally Posted by iaflyfisher View Post
I learned Larry Dahlberg's use of nylon coated wire as a bite tippet. He connects the leader to the wire with an Albright knot. Then tie on the fly by running a couple of inches of wire through the eye, twist it several times and then take a lighter or match and heat the nylon coated wire. This will cause the nylon to melt and and cross link itself, making an almost indistructable connection.

Practice it until you don't set the nylon on fire and I think you will find it holds very well.

To change flies just snip off the fly and use the same method to tie on the next one.
This works quite well and saves a lot of time and material.

iaflyfisher
Central Iowa Fly Fishers
I have also used this above method for many years and found it to be the easiest method for me. Caught many 10lb Pike without any breakoffs and once the fly is destroyed, it certainly makes for a quick change up. I tried other knots, but found them a pain at times and lost fish because of my inexperience in tying them. I enjoy the easier less time consuming methods when I'm on active fish. Trick is to only melt the plastic coating, not set it on fire!