If you were wondering what happened to me. I've been working either here on the farm or working for "the man" somewhere else. Trying to get myself out of debt, cutting up steel for scrap, cutting firewood, fixing cars, trying to raise some chickens, looking for work (locally), helping out the old man with various odds and ends, and on top of it all, there is still more to do.

"Well what about fishing?" you may ask yourself. That's a good question.... What about it? I haven't even got the new line wet on the new rod that's been built for months now, aside from the butt cap that hasn't been put on yet. The rod hasn't had the pleasure of being hurled across the creek after I slip and fall down for the tenth time.

Haven't done much tying or furling either. My vice and jigs are sitting in a corner getting to know each other and wondering when I'm going to break them out and get irritated because something keeps slipping or flying apart. I'm like Patrick McManus when it comes to tying. I'm all thumbs. "Grasp the hackle with your first and second thumbs on your right hand and simultaneously wrap some chenille around the hook with the second and fourth thumbs on your left hand while holding the hair steady with your primary thumb on your right hand."

Of course I've been busy with other things and haven't really had a chance to enjoy the thrills of the fly fishing world. Busting knuckles, getting splinters, cleaning chicken poop, getting sunburned, etc... It's times like these that makes someone look forward to Heaven... All that peace and tranquility just sitting there making you feel... peaceful... and tranquil... That was a little redundant wasn't it?

And then I wonder if there will be fly fishing in Heaven.... A beautiful sun dappled stream with fish jumping randomly out of every square inch. Trees lining the banks to catch your flies. Slippery rocks to make you lose your balance and sometimes fall down which may or may not result in a random broken bone and/or a bruise in a place that you wouldn't show your preacher. Spider webs to walk into when you don't see them. Deep holes of water that look shallow when you step into them causing you to shout random words and phrases unfit for children.

Which brings me to my next question... Do I really want to spend eternity getting so irritated at moments only to come out of those moments thinking that I just had the time of my life?

But seriously though, I've almost reached a short-term goal, which is being debt free and I plan to celebrate with a day of masochism, I mean fly fishing very soon. I think I'll go for some panfish though since trout seem to avoid the waters in which I fish.