I have a lot of books. Too many . Indeed hundreds. 99 percent of them have to do with FF or FT. Some I simply bought because a friend at one of the shows I tie at wrote it. Other books have a title that grabs me. I'll scan the "how to's" for something new and save the 'story' books for winter reading. Some of course are better than others. Some, like Nick Lyons, John Gierach and a few others, are automatic buys just on past performances. There have been a few though that really disappointed me...so much in fact that I couldn't finish reading them.. The most recent of these was a book titled "Habit of Rivers." I'd never met the author but had enjoyed his sharp often curt book reviews so I picked the book up just on the interesting title. What a major disappointment! I remember asking a certain magazine editor at the bar after a FF show in Danbury Ct. if he had read it. He said it was a little tough to read. I said... "The author is probably a real nice guy but I'd be willing to bet he is a college professor somewhere and he wants everyone to know it! Talk about compound, complex sentences. Never use a simple sentence when a CC will do."
He said "You're tough", and laughed. "But you are pretty close to the truth."
I let it go at that.
How about you ? What's one your least favorite book?