10/8 fished the Connie and the Ash. In the Connie we saw fish about a mile from the lake, but 8 guys were standing in the spot we wanted to fish. Fished up & down from it but no luck. Saw no fish further from the lake. Fished the ford on the Ash and saw one fish caught. Didn't go further down because warnings I saw on local boards about the private land there. We did fish another spot and caught 2 SM, but saw no Steel. We did run into a great Beaver dam that crossed the entire stream.

10/9 fished the Grand and Chagrin. Again we started as close to the lake as we could find wading water. No Steel in either river. Finished the day in Helen Hazen, caught one SM. Saw 2 Steel caught in a very deep slackwater spot.

Except on the Connie, all fish we saw were caught on spawn, minnows, or maggots.

I think the fish we did see are in and outers, waiting for the water to get higher and colder. This warmer weather coming up should keep things the same.

Commentary - The 8 guys fishing the Connie were standing there like they were in a waiting room for pallbearers. What, a little friendly conversation would have killed them? I know part of Fishing is getting away to the quiet, but gimme a break. Just thought it was goofy.