A long time ago I used to think how nice it would be if my wife fished along side of me. I used to wish for it. She has in the past come along on trips and to a couple of Fish-Ins but not to fish. She is not really an outdoors person unless you count going for a walk or lying on a beach. She is deathly afraid of mice, snakes and bats. I guess not everyone can have a Deanna, Vickie or Cathy (Beck). But then again, I enjoy being on a river with just my son or with a good friend or with a group of friends like the Mayfly Club for our annual meeting on the Beaverkill .I like not having to worry if I have to sleep in the car or skip a meal because every restaurant within miles is closed. I am lucky that it is with her blessing that I can take off to Wisc. for the Hex hatch, or to the Catskills for the March Browns when I get a call to "Get down here quick." When she does come along for the ride I often feel guilty if I don't get out of the water early enough so we can have a normal dinner hour or if I am on the river for more than a few hours while she is reading in the car or back at the motel. So I guess it is a good thing that I have stopped wishing. We do many things together...just not fishing.
So what's your thoughts on fishing with spouses?

[This message has been edited by mantis (edited 08 October 2005).]

[This message has been edited by mantis (edited 08 October 2005).]