With any product there are people who like it and people who don't. I have all the conversions for my vice and multiple set ups of the fine point as Norm modified a damaged set to be finer, included a new pair for free, and I recently purchased a new one as a back up.

One thing I disagree with is that it isn't as versatile as other vices.... it holds a hook, what else does it need to do? With the new adjustable set up you can rotate the vise now to view the fly head on etc..., the conversions cover all hook sizes and tube flies, you can get a light that mounts directly to the post, a gallows tool that mounts to the vise, set rotation stops every 90?, manual locking at any rotation point, adjustable tension on rotation, dubbing tray for making dubbing brushes. Yes, it all adds up to what some consider a lot of $$ but if you enjoy tying it's worth it. And honestly, how many of us have more money vested in our vises than we do materials...

Also, honestly, I don't see why people even use standard bobbins anymore.... Maintaining tension and thread control is so much easier with an automatic bobbin. I can't even tie with standard bobbins anymore as winding thread back up is so foreign now and re-spooling thread isn't a big deal to me.