My first outfit was a martin I bought at K-Mart for 19.99 it came with everything including a floating DT 6wt line. For the money it was a good deal and it let me know if I was going to stick with it. I still have the outfit and my wife uses it and she likes it even though it's a tad heaver then most rods it has caught many trout,bass and blue gills on it and still works today and the day I bought it 6 or so ago. I don't know if they use the same line anymore or not as most of the cheaper outfits come with level floating lines. I made my 4 yr old a fly rod from a ultra lite spinning rod,with a martin reel and a level floating line and he can cast it 20 to 30 ft the rod is 4 ft 9" and he thinks he is Kind S ** T with it and has caught a few blue gills and a few small browns on it. But the Cabalas 3 forks combos are a great intro kit to get and that is what I've been using the past 4 yrs in a 3 wt 7 1/2 ft rod which came with everything needed to start even a video for him to watch. And it comes with a 1 yr warranty incase something goes wrong with it or he should break it. Mine at the time was a X-mas gift from my wife that Came on X-mas eve it was 99 bucks for next day delivery. And I plan to buy another one at 9ft 4 wt. Hope this helps you out later Matt

------------------
To each there own !