Here is recent history...
1) 9/14...Ike blows through our neighborhood in Northeast OHIO at 76 MPH with 80+ MPH gusts=no power or water for almost 4 days.
2) We await results of wife Colleen's recent biopsy. Results came in yesterday...negative, thank God!
3) Our beloved 14 year old pup Cocoa made a follow up visit to the vet yesterday. She has bladder cancer & 3-6 months to be at our sides. Dr Schneider said she is currently in no pain & amazingly lively. He also said we will know when "it's time". For the last 2 months I have slept in our downstairs spare room with her & taken her out about every 2 hours each & every night. Even with that, she has had "accidents". You may think I'm nuts, but the floor is tile & I will continue to mop them at least once a day until she's gone...she is well deserving of the small sacrifices we are making now. Our youngest (24 year old Maggie) was at the Vets with Coke & Colleen. Maggie cried herself to sleep last night...Cocoa is HER dog & their bond is indeed Heaven sent.
4) Maggie had a 1 1/2 hour surgery today to remove a large lesion from her right foot. It was wrapped around a tendon. The Doc said there was nothing that would indicate malignancy, but said it was VERY strange looking, so they froze it & sent it to pathology. Ol' Dad is pretty worried about his baby....I'm due to walk her down the aisle & give her hand to a wonderful young man on 7/25/09. Please join me in praying that she will prepare for that day in good health.
Sorry for the long post, but it has been therapeutic for me.
Mike