The ought weight hoot turned out to be a bummer. The fish just weren't cooperating with me that day. I need to get out there early in the morning.

I did return to the scene of earlier one weight hoot and had a fine time.
Today I was headed down to Dallas after work and had an hour or so to kill in between. So what with three fly rods and my tackle sitting in my truck I called Don with an invite and headed to Duck Creek.

I am finding more and more that this little one weight is about my favorite. It's plenty light and gives a good fight with smaller fish but I can still toss a small popper or a Cap Spider without too much cursing and ducking at all.

Don brought his bespoke one weight bamboo that he built out some time back.

Right off the bat I got into a mess of sunnies right where the neighborhood rainwater drain empties into the creek. captured the first two on my new phone's camera (whoo hoo!). 1.3 megapixels sure beats 0.3 any old day! Never buy any product with a VGA camera if you are at all interested in any quality photos.

Here are some shots of the rods:

Don's bamboo one weight
Don's one weight and my Cabela's one weight

I finally worked my way down to what I have come to call "the cheating hole". Way on down at the bottom right next to the Jupiter Rd. bridge is a large pool. One side has a storm drain inlet and a small tree growing over it. It's tantamount to the old saw about shooting fish in a barrel. Bass hang out in there as well. I may do a wee hours popper session some time soon.