+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Loss of our son, Dan

Loss & grieving is hard to go through. Faith gets us through; just knowing that we will see our loved ones again when our time comes, & God calls us home !!!!!
    Thanks for sharing, & our prayers for God's strength are with you !!!!!

Dear Grn MT Man and family, I just returned home from my son's wedding in NYC, clicked on FAOL BB to see what was up and saw your post.. Having just been with my own son it really grabbed me. My heart is heavy for you. There are no adequate words to express my condolences. Remember the good times you had with him and the love you shared.. Keep him in your heart. Be assured that when his time on earth was thru, his final thoughts were of all of you. He knew your love. God bless you and keep you till you all meet again...Bob

Dear Gr Mtn Man,
    I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your son. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take-care.

So sorry to hear about your loss. I too lost a son eight years ago, although he was only a little over three months old. He died in an accident. I won't try to tell you that I know how you feel, because even losing a son also, it is always different. It does tend to be a moment that defines the rest of our lives. If you or any of your family need any help or support in this difficult time, there is a group called the "Compassionate Friends", that is a group just for people who have lost a child. Here's a link to their web page. Give it a look. Even if you find that it's not for you, let you wife and if you have other children have a look at it too. They all need to grieve.
    [url=http://www.compassionatefriends.org/:3ad33]http://www.compassionatefriends.org/[/url:3ad33]

The pain never does go away, but in time it does get easier. I often think about him when I am fishing, wondering what he would be like now...would he like to fish too...all the what if's. But I also find healing on those waters too. There is something about a trout stream that is able to cleanse the soul and ease that pain if only for a little while, and that is good enough for me.

I will keep you and yours in my prayers,

-Darryl

------------------
    All along this path I tread, my heart betrays my weary head
    With nothing but my love to save, from the cradle to the grave

[This message has been edited by Darryl (edited 18 September 2005).]
    My one wish is that when I die my wife doesn't sell my fishing stuff for what I told her I paid for it...

Green Mountain Man, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I wish you and yours the best during this difficult time. I remember the hospice workers telling my sister and I that often our loved ones try not to pass in our presence- perhaps they feel it will be too disturbing to us, and struggle to spare us that "burden", even as we try to "be there" for them.... My sister and I kept a vigil with my Mom as she ended her fight with cancer. My sister left the room for a minute, and she slipped away. Perhaps If I had left her earlier she might have passed more easily...? We do the best we can, and leave those greater mysteries to whatever God we believe in. I wish you well, Jim

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.~Scott

------------------
    "Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us."
    "Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us."

Grn Mt Man,

Your story was touching and it gave me cause to think about how brief our lives really are, and about how, in the end, what matters most are family and friends, and the love that binds us eternally to one another.

My thoughts are with you and yours during this difficult time.

Fred

May god bless.

Just wanted you to know that you haven't been forgotten.....Bob

+ Reply to Thread