+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FAOL fly pattern list

Hybrid View

1. Default FAOL fly pattern list

is there an alphabetical listing of the fly pattern archives?
    looking for a pattern to tie the bitch creek.

Henderson
    When you are on the front page o (home) of FAOL you will see a box in the upper left corner that says search. Type in "bitch creek" and hit enter. Then at the bottom of that page you will see a box that says match any word and match all words...click on Match All Words a hit enter. I received 15 hits for Bitch Creek including a spectacular weave of a bitch creek. thanks for asking.

Hope this helps.
    mcsteff

henderson -

Here's a direct link - http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flyt...nced/part1.php

There are other weaving methods shown in the Advanced Fly Tying section. Go to the main page, go to Fly Tying and go to Advanced Tying for the series by Al Campbell.

Have fun with the woven bodies. Trying to get the approach down just about drove me nuts. But after you get the movements down, it's a snap, and makes for some really neat fly bodies.

John
    The fish are always right.

Thanks John,
    I was going to show the link but then I thought he ( and others) might like to use the search feature for other things beside the one thing. I should have included the link but then I'm a teacher who thinks that the quickest way to get from point A to point B is not necessarily a straight line. I'm glad he asked too because it reminded me of the fun I had when I tried that tutorial from Al the first time. Weave challenged you say!
    Mark

5. Default

Mark and John thank you for your responses. I used the link to the Al's pattern.
    Still asking is there an alphabetical list of patterns on the FAOL site?

None that I know of.
    Mark

Cool Put in order....

We really have looked at the possibility of putting the flies in whichever category they fall.
    Dry flies, nymphs, streamers etc. Then we have saltwater, freshwater....We've had a Fly of the Week for every issue of FAOL, I've had a couple of folks offer to 'sort' the flies, and even sent a cd with all the fly patterns to one fellow. Nothing happened of course.

There is another problem too. There are flies in more than one place! There are flies in Old Flies, Atlantic Tying, Al Campbell's beginning, intermediate and advanced tying. Flies in WarmWater and Panfish. (And a new one starting soon *S*)

The best bet is to type the fly name into the main SEARCH from the front page and look through the results to find the one you want.
    Last edited by LadyFisher; 09-21-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: misspell

If you got the CD when it was available a while back of all of the FOTW patterns it does contain an index which lists the flies alphabetically.

+ Reply to Thread