+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warm Water FF Mag.

Every issue of Fly Tyer I can get my hands on, and other magazines if they have an interesting article in them. I really enjoy Ward Bean's articles in Fly Tyer!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Talking Magazine Junkie Here!

I would certainly buy a subscription to a warmwater, fly fishing magazine. Since that is no longer possible, I content myself with the magazines that regularly feature warmwater articles and patterns. I also do some trout fishing and saltwater fishing so I'm pretty hard to displease. The only articles that I don't like are the travel articles about places that I couldn't ever afford to go even if I saved my salary for the next twenty-eight years. You know the places: Elephant Dung, Tanzania; Pure Water, New Zealand; or Frozen Balls, Tiara Del Fuego. Listed below, in order of preference, are the magazine that I would recommend for the warmwater enthusiast.

1. Fly Tyer

2. Fly Fishing and Tying Journal

3. American Angler

4. Eastern Fly Fishing (or your regional equivalent of this magazine)

I also subscribe to four or five other fly fishing magazines which occasionally have some great warmwater articles but only occasionally. 8T

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    For us warm water junkies... unfortunately none. I'm in the same boat as you I brouse all the mags on the rack and if I see an article that might interest me I buy it. The only mag I buy on a regular basis is Fly Tyer since I addapt a lot of the salt water patterns to warm water.

Steve
    In addition to Steve's reply above, I find a number of patterns in Flyfishing & Tying Journal. Although many are not specifically intended for Smallies and pans, they work very well for them and I also like to "upsize" some of the patterns for warm water. The fish don't complain!!
    Good Tying and Good Fishing!
    Bob

+ Reply to Thread