My nephew Jerry and I were fishing the Owens River at Warm Springs Road South of Bishop, CA a few weeks back. I left him at the bridge and walked down the river a couple hundred yards to fish a few holes and a spot at a beaver dam I know of. As I was fishing my way back, after catching four fat rainbows, I heard some giggling and laughter coming from the direction of the bridge. Thinking a family had come to picnic and play, I took my time going back. I thought Jerry would walk down to meet me if they scared his fish away. He didn't so I reeled up and headed back.
"You missed it Unk" he said when I got to the truck.
I noticed the binoculars around his neck. "I heard some laughter and chatter" I told him. "What did I miss?"
Grinning from ear to ear he said, "Two young ladies came to the bridge, got out of their truck, stripped naked and jumped off the bridge, swam around, got out, climbed up on the bridge and jumped again."
"Where were you when this was happening?" I asked.
"Well, I was standing there in the middle of the trail about 50 feet from them. I guess they didn't notice me. I couldn't see them very well from that distance tho so I walked to the truck and got my binoculars." He grinned even bigger. "That really helped. Then they saw me, waved and got out of the river and left."
"What did you do then? I asked.
"What do you think? I waved and yelled 'THANK YOU!' as they spun around and drove away.
The three and a half hour drive home was sad. Him snickering and me sulking. Shoot, there was a camera laying next to the binoculars.