+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts and Prayers

Hybrid View

Default Thoughts and Prayers

This morning around 2 am, my wife's father passed away at 62 years of age. This is the first loss of a parent for either of us, so this is indeed uncharted territory. If your parents are still with you, call them and tell them you love them, or hug them if they are close enough. We will be in Oklahoma doing all the arrangements, my wife's words are very fitting I think for anyone who passes away, "I can't imagine a world without him".

Drew
    "I don't drink anymore, I freeze it and eat it like a popsicle"

Sorry to hear of this bad news. My thoughts and prayer are with your family. I think I will give my mom a call.
    Remember we all live down stream

Drew,
    Prayers & condolences to your wife & all those grieving. Colleen & I lost all 4 of our parents years ago, and both our Dads passed away in their early 60s. While it is a very difficult time, your wife will think of him often, & your lives will be richer filled with his memory.
    God Bless,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

The loss of a parent is a terrible thing. My prayers and those of my family and my church will go out for you. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. You are absolutely right about letting your parents know how much you love them.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your wife and the family.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

My wife and I send our prayers as well. Cherish the memories of her Dad, and be sure to hug her Mom and your folks too.

Blog Entries

Default A life to celebrate

Zim...

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I know it's easier said than done, but I look at the passing of someone as a cause to celebrate a life lived and enjoyed to the fullest.
    Try to look upon it, as such.

If there's anything death should signify, is that :

-Life is too short.
    -That each of us touch so many lives in so many different ways...and some of the ways are so slight we don't even realize what kind of impact such subtle things do. (Like, a smile; a touch; a story; personal experience; a kind word.
    It amazes me how such a simple thing as a kind word can touch someone so incredibly.)
    - That 'doing unto others' is still the best policy....because the secret of life is all about what we can give to each other....like me writing this to you and yours.

Be strong. And remember, so long as you hold your dear one and remember them in your heart....they will live forever.

Health to you and yours.

Sincerely,
    Bad Luck Larry

Smile

Zim,

My prayers and condolences go out to you and your family. Even when we don't understand the "why's," God's work goes forward. I will pray that he brings you understanding and peace. Best Regards...,
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

Blog Entries

My friend I truly feel you and yours pain, I lost my Mom when I was 8 years old... and it still hurts to this day...

My heart and prayers are with you and your wife...
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

You and your wife have my thoughts and prayers.
    I lost both my folks while they were still young. My mother was 61 and my dad was 70. It's one of the toughest trials we go through in life.

+ Reply to Thread