+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sad Day for the Doughgod...

Hybrid View

Default Sad Day for the Doughgod...

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs.Buttersworth, HungryJack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children: John Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.
    The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

If this made you smile for even a brief second, please rise to the occasion and take time to pass it on and share that smile with someone else who may be having a crumby day and kneads a lift.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Unhappy

Joe,
    I'm sorry to hear this slice of news! http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2204/...048f04.jpg?v=0 (family portrait)
    ...http://farm1.static.flickr.com/141/3...e18106.jpg?v=0 (person who worked with him for years)
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

When your "State Song" is "Hang On Sloopy" and you're known as "A Buckeye",
    (which, .......... no one truly knows what a "Buckeye" even IS), you expect, after time that one's mind begins to deteriorate a lot faster than the normal rate.
    Added to that, the constant inhalation of excess amounts of wheat flour and rod finishing epoxies and it obviously accelerates at a much greater speed.
    Sad.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

A sad day indeed---did anyone notify "the other side" of the family? Maybe the Fasolati sisters (especially do rey and me) can sing at the funeral and dont forget to notify Doughnut at the asylum after trying to commit suicide by putting his head in the oven after being fried after a long day at the crispy creme store. Maybe I can send a pound of Montana Saphire for the turnout.
    I think we all knead to rest.
    mike
    "She had hooks to make a fish think twice!" ---Chris Smither-"Lola"

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Unhappy Omg!

Joe,

Please say it ain't so. He was so young and healthy. I would never have guessed his age from his appearance. At least he will be surround by those he loved at the grave site. 8T

Blog Entries

Default I Knead Dough

In the famous words of Martha Stewart, ?It's a good thing?.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

+ Reply to Thread