+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sage txl 1wt missing after action

Hybrid View

Default sage txl 1wt missing after action

Sage txl 1 wt new, new orvis bbs I titanium color , new rio gold line, black no name reel on tube. I was late for a family commitment and drove of with it on my trunk as far as i can tell, in my haste yesterday aftermoon in Reinholds Pa. area. If found pm me please. Yes i did look for it, walking miles of back road , into the evening. With the kind of year i had , job lost, illness, i actually wept when i got over the shock. this one will real hurt for the next year.

Moral of the story, never be in such a hurry to pack up your gear that you do not scan the area for misplaced gear. you may also find someones left behind trash that mother earth would sure appreciate you picking up.

flybug -

That's a real a bummer.

Notify all the fly shops that you know of in the immediate area, and if you have any local forums, post the information there, too. Did you send in the warranty card to register it with Sage ?? If not, I would urge you to do that. If someone finds the rod, they might call Sage to trace ownership through the serial number ( if they know to look and find it ).

Hoping for the best for you - that someone finds it and takes the time to locate you.

John
    The fish are always right.

I did the same thing with first rod I built. Now anytine the rod isn't put away it is on the front hood and up the windshield right in front ot the steering wheel. The few times there wasn't room for that I have put it against the drivers door so I can't leave without it. Mine was shatterred by contact with the road and my first good reel still shows the dent from it. Being in the case you can hope that yours survived and may show up. I'd post a notice in the parking area where you were fishing. If someone who fishes there found it they will know how to contact you.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

+ Reply to Thread