OK. I'm going to bug you all one more time about my upcoming trip to Colorado (I know, I'm being a pest!)

Here is the run down:

My wife and I are flying into Denver early Saturday morning (Sept. 20). We will pick up our rental car and have all day Saturday to goof around.

Our plan is to drive to the Colorado Springs/Pikes Peak area and spend a little time there. Our original plan was to then drive to the Deckers area and spend most of the afternoon/evening working our way toward Denver along the South Platte. My wife does not fish but doesn't mind stopping at an access area and kicking me out, let me fish a while and then move on. My wife does, however, suffer with a bit of altitude sickness above about 7000-8000 feet. Plus, winding mountain roads can bother her so we aren't sure the drive from Deckers north is the best option.

Now I'm thinking fishing a little closer to the Denver metro area might be a better option for a few hours of fishing. I would like a little more info on fishing the South Platte around the Waterton Canyon area. From what I've read this area isn't as accessable as some other areas and might require a little more hiking to the water than I might have time for.

Are there any spots around this area that might work for a "stop the car; fish a while; drive a little; fish some more; etc." type of outting?

Thanks and sorry to keep bugging everyone about this.

Royce