Thought I would post this to see if there is any interest.
I am thinking about hosting a rod swap with a small twist...everyone us the same blank for the swap. I want to use the Baston E Glass blanks. I recently acquired a couple of the blanks to play with and I really like them.

A couple of reasons to use the blanks...
1. They are inexpensive...$11.20 for the SPG780
2. They make a GREAT fly rod. I had the opportunity to cast Jim Flamming's SPG720 at the MI Fish In and it was a joy to cast!

A couple of downsides...
1. They are 1 piece and are hard to transport.
2. The cost of shipping on an oversize package is crazy.

A possible solution...

I will have the blanks shipped to me as a group order to save costs. I will then cut them into 2 pieces and the builders will ferrule them during the build. The ferrule can be a spigot or a metal ferrule...builder?s choice. The spigot ferrule is not that hard to construct...it just takes a little time. If ther is intrest, I will post instructions on making the ferrule. Metal ferrules (chrome plated brass) can be had at several rod building sites on the net at a reasonable cost.

I will leave this post up a couple of weeks to judge interest. If it is a go, I am thinking about trying to run the swap after the first of the year and having the rods done by March 1, 2009.

Post here, or shoot me a PM...Your choice.