I am sure that we have all had our share of interesting experiences in our day, so please, if you wnat to share some of the craziest things that have happened to you while fishing, please do. I'll start us off.

Yesterday afternoon after I got off of work I decided that I would do a little fishing in the creek down the street from my house. As is turned out I only got one fish but I did get something else. Over the past few days, we have gotten a lot of rain in the D/FW area and so the creek that I normally fish in was a little muddy and swollen. Not being one to give up that easily, I decided that even if I didn't catch anything that atleast I was outside and away from my wife for a few minutes. The first couple of casts went un-noticed, but the second was hit pretty hard by a LMB that was about 1 pound. That is where the fun ended. After this fun little fight, I decided to move up the creek a bit and try another spot. Finally I found a spot that I like and start my false casts and laid my clouser in the water, which was greeted eagerly but I missed the strike. My second cast accidentilly landed on the bank by about 6 inches or so, but even on land you can still catch something as I have found out due to the 2 and a half foot Cotton-mouth that struck my fly when I tried to retrieve it. For those of you who have never foughta snake on a fly-rod, I highly recommend it as it is more exilerating than a strong cup of cappuccino. After a good fight, I had gotten the snake close enough to me that I could see how I had hooked him, but I never could get him out of the water(although I was able to keep him far enough away from me to keep from getting bit, thank God for my 9' rod), so now I was in a real predicament. Finally it hit me, I could simply false cast him off of my minnow(yeah right). Thankfully there was no-one around to see me because I am sure that they would have died laughing watching this idiot flail a poisonous snake around with a fly-rod. Finally the leader broke with my clouser and the snake still attached. Later on in the night, I lay in bed thinking about what had happened. This raised a very interesteing question. Does anyone else carry a 12 gauge pump shot-gun with them when they go fly-fishing as I do now?