Yea I can't spell LOL. I have the following opinion on custom built rods. I am a strong believer in less is more. I feel that instead of spending money on fancy butt wraps, weaving, etc. you should put it in components. I am a firm believer that you should use the best of everything including but not liminted to cork, reel seats, guides and tip tops. A lot of times a single componet will cost more then the blank itself. Clasic example good cork $50+, guides $40+. You can get a good blank for about $40 depending on what you want. I am just curious how others feel about this. Do you get the best of componets or do you build for cost? I have put together quite a few rods and unless the customer stated they did not want the best of components I figured that price in the cost of the rod. Even those I have donated to organizations. If you see a rod of mine for sale for under $100 I used ordinary components. Am I being stupid here or what? I also don't like to build what I call preaty rods, those with fancy butt wraps or snakeskin, or mother of pearl inlays. I feel all this takes away from the action of the rod. I have a couple of rods I will be selling here with just the basic componets and you will see how sparse I build. Just feeling a little insecure for some reason. Got a back log on rods so am preaty busy there and very happy customers just want some of your thoughts.