Pretty much hunkered down in local flow for the last 3 days, 6-12 hours a session.

Saturday WAS AWESOME for the Smallie action, nailed too many to keep track of...I was breaking in a new 6 wt so castiung is a little hit or miss.

Sun AM starts off strong BUT around 2 pm things slow WAY down, the river seems to be shutting down, stay till dark...no big thrill.

Monday afternoon the river is DEAD, even the Rockies won't hit too consistantly.

Pulll up to an eddie below a pretty fast shoot, dag nabbit there are 3 people spinning the shoot...they are good folks, see them from time to time, they consistanly catch small smallies in the shoot.

On the opposite side of the pool, I flail around, still trying to get the hang of the new rod and catch a few Rockies and sime gill's...that's what this pool is good for, a mixed bag when the Smallies shut their mouths.

Casted out with a #12 nymph and the water EXPLODES, fish rockets, jumps 3-4 times and buries itself behind a rock...it was a 24 inch or so CATFISH...awesome fighter, first on the fly.

About 1/2 hour later, I toos the fly over my shoulder into some 6" or so water so I can reel up and leave...I notice my 3 fellow anglers are looking at me and then see a HUGE wake and my line heading down stream...it was a 30" or so CARP...caught toattly by accident!