Well, Tannycomo was still there this holiday weekend, unfortunatly so was everyone else that had a notion to fish. That would have been great except for the generation that was going on , thereby loosening up the fish (hurray!!!!) but compacting the anglers (boooo!!!!!). Still that was'nt too bad except that while riggining up ( i.e threading the line to the rod) I noticed that the tip of my rod was broken ( I noticed this when it slid down to my hand) off. My beloved bride said " Thats a darn shame honey, just go ahead and use my new rod ( I have never wondered why I love her so dearly) but go ahead and put your favorite reel on it please". So out to the water I head ( Sure I took her up on it , I am not a fool. I get to fish , she gets to feel {rightly so} generous) and proceed to get blasted back to the shore by the generation upstream .
Summing up the day at Tannycomo : Went fishing , had a ball.

As a post script on a more serious note, am I the only one that wishes that the trophy area were a no wake zone? While in the water it seemed that the local "Professional Fishing Guides" (and non guides too) took particular delight in kicking up some very large wakes while heading in either direction on the water. No real problem unless your the one fighting to stay upright in the water when they pass. The folkes that guide from the Orvis shop have not got that problem . They "ROW" their clients. A drift boat just does'nt seem to kick up much of a wake.
cheers,
Perch