I'm thinking Small Mouth Bass. You are doing everything right as far as fishing where the fish are, and they are being attracted to your presentation. That's most of the battle man. Now to try something else. I would try a different retrieve or stripping pattern. Switching up between shorter and longer strips, and quicker and slower strips might just flip their switch and get them to bite. Another thought would be to show them something different. Smallies are known for their aggressiveness so show them a different look and that might make it happen as well.

One of the most rewarding parts of fly fishing is unlocking the key to what makes a fish bite. Remember the saying that says, "if you continue to do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten" or "the definition of insane is that those who do the same thing, but expect a different outcome"? Both of those relate well to fishing.

If you are fishing a smaller fly, change size, try a different color, do a google search on what are popular smallie flies. Try a different time of day.

You're going to feel great when you unlock the key. It's a great sense of satisfaction. Like I said at the beginning, location is most of the work, you're really close to making it happen.

Give us the update and what it took to make it happen on the particular day that you have success. Good luck.