Today I went to a small stream I found recently to practice wading and fishing streams, something, with which I am not familiar. I saw lots of little fish but really couldn't identify them. I started with a nondescript fly in a light gray with a grizzly collar and attracted what turned out to be Bluegill. Lookers but no takers. So I switched to a streamer, figuring if minnows were in the stream, something might be tempted to eat them or something that looked like them. I did manage to catch a few Bluegills and Green Sunfish on the streamer. I started heading back to the area where my truck was parked and noticed a lot of activity in the area. When I got close I could tell that it was the KDFW (Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife). About 6 of them all milling around. I approached and asked what was up and while most of them were silent one explained that they were stocking Trout! Sure enough, at the end of the short path to the parking lot was the stocking truck. And in the pool under the bridge was an abundance of 8" to 12" Rainbows swimming around. I asked if they stocked this stream in accordance with the schedule that they publish on the web and elsewhere and he explained that they stocked this area once in the spring and once in the fall. They moved up the river one bridge and finished emptying the truck. (I followed and watched). The bummer of the whole thing is today is my day off and tomorrow I have to be back at work. The fresh stocked fish were not in the mood to play with me but at least I know where they will be for the next trip. I have caught lot of trout, but never on a fly rod. Now that I have this limited resource close to home I may change that yet.

(I may have to change my name) AKA Bluegill Budd

------------------
Clint

I feel closer to HIM when I'm fishing.