+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prairie Dogs

Hybrid View

Cool Prairie Dogs

Really, no one has tried these things yet? I bring you a unique standard from the old west and you just ignore it? No curiosity? No sense of adventure? At the least I looked for a report from one of you. All that research, photography and code needed to put it up. And you won't even comment? Jeeze!

I'm sorry, JC. I absolutely love you to pieces, but that <inhaling through my teeth> just doesn't do anything for me ...

Guess it might be right up there with Spam!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

JC,
    These guys are hopping mad also!;http://photography.nationalgeographi...-517834-sw.jpg
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Default Sounds Great!

I promise you I'm going to try them.

I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is: The only time Wifey brings hot dogs home is when the grandkids are coming.

The good news is: They are coming home this weekend.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

I don't know, if I'd eat ANYTHING, that was a favorite of someone looking so much like OhioFly did, in his senior class picture!? (please note photo above, of Dave)

"Sage" and "Worcestershire Sauce"??. Sorry, JC, nice article but as HRH Betty said...........
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Heck I'll give a try.

I make one called the burnt weenie sandwich; 2 hot dogs sliced length wise, fried in bacon fat until almost burnt, served on toast with thin sliced pickles, cheese, ketchup and mayonnaise. Mmmmmm good.

Remember, no creativity here. You have to follow the recipe exactly to get the full effect of the collective ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by flybinder View Post

I don't know, if I'd eat ANYTHING, that was a favorite of someone looking so much like OhioFly did, in his senior class picture!? (please note photo above, of Dave)

"Sage" and "Worcestershire Sauce"??. Sorry, JC, nice article but as HRH Betty said...........

OKOK I Give, Never did like that picture.

JC,
    I've had them doggies, when I was in "Branson". Boy are they odd, washed them down with a very cold brew! now I've gotta go make one.
    Dave
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

JC I will bring my Cobb cooker to Lowell, we can cook a bunch of these up. We can even add Hickory wood smoke to make em a bit better. I am willing to try it if you are.

I love weenies done in hickory smoke almost burnt, without a bun, just naked as it was born.

I think you could actually cook these up over the campfire. mmmmmmm

I was going to put up a link to Prarie Dogs but its more fun if you figure it out all by yourself and No it isn't a fly of the week.
    Last edited by Gnu Bee Flyer; 08-30-2008 at 12:40 AM.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Well, tomorrow I need to make a trip to the market. I swear I will pick up some dogers and sage and some good polish dills. I will let you know how I like them. If my wife likes the smell, she might try them, too. She, however, will ruin them with copious amounts of chopped onions and relish. But then again women were never very good at following direction. :zing:

+ Reply to Thread