Lots of discussion on the Sevier Tiger Eye blanks lately, so what is one more thread, right ??

I was just over at Buzz'. My rods are 3-5-7-9 wts and his are 4-6-8 wts.

Since he had a Rio Selective Trout II DT4F handy on his primary rod, I wanted to see how it would cast on the 6' for 2/3 Tiger Eye that I just built.

WOW !! That is a dynamite combination for the "small stream" reasons I built this rod. It is really sweet, loads right off the tip, is pure feel to 30-35', and cast about 45' with my best effort. Over 45' it started to die quickly - but so what when you are looking at rod built for places you are mostly casting 10-20' of line and seldom cast over 25-30' to reach out to the ones "way out" there ??

Buzz, who is a better caster than I am also tried the set up. He had the same results - really easy out to 45' and pretty much a dying swan over 50'.

Since a number of folks ( listen up, Betty ) are building rods on these blanks or have shown interest in them, thought these results might be helpful.

Now my problem is, do I want to invest in a new line ( Rio Selective Trout II DT4F ) and reel, something as light as possible, or continue to fish it with the DT3F that I've been using on it ?? It fishes fine the way it is - but not sure I will be able to forget how the DT4F felt ??