I'm curious to find out if anyone has any experience with Scientific Anglers flyline repair process. I purchased a Mastery GPX with the new welded loop just over a year ago. After returning from a fishing trip in Colorado I found the line had cracked severely at the base of the welded loop (This line has seen little use). I called to get return instructions and was told over the phone to send my name, phone, email so if they had any questions they could contact me, and to update me on the status. Beyond knowing from the USPS that the package was delivered last Thursday I haven't heard anything.

I tried calling the 800 number again yesterday morning and a very helpful CSR told me she would leave a message for the repair people and have them call me. Well I never heard from them so I gave the 800 number another call this morning. This CSR told me to call a different number which turns out to be Bruce Richards office number. I left a message with him asking him to call me back and explaining the situation as it stands.

I'm curious to hear what others experience has been. Is what I'm seeing normal, or am I being paranoid?

Thank you,
Brian