+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SA L2L connector opinions?

Default SA L2L connector opinions?

This SA system seems like a great idea for a new fisherman like me who admits to never trying it. What say you folks that have? Any drawbacks? Thanks...

Looks like an interesting concept. I don't change my leaders that often and I use a loop to loop connector. If the L2L holds up and is strong enough, it seems like it should be superior to the loop to loop since it would have a lower profile and would be easier to change. I'll have to try one and see.

I've been using them almost exclusively for the past couple of seasons. I love'em. The connector even floats pretty high, and serves double-duty as a strike indicator, and it slides through the rod guides fairly easily.

I often just tie my fly to the end of the leader, but when the leader finally gets too short (and the line gets thicker), I will tie on a few feet of tippet material.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Normand Guest

i would stear away from the SA L2L leader and go for the SA L2L "RECONNECT" leader instead. the early version did not have the reconnect feature of the latest version.

the reconnect lets you change out the complete leader from lets say 6x to 3x with just one twist of the connector.

note that the entire connector is only 5/8 inches long by 1/8 inch in diameter and goes thru the guides quite easily.

+ Reply to Thread