Quote Originally Posted by OttoDita View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Those links pretty much summed it up. I'm not doing any fishing come winter It gets in the -20's almost all winter here. With the exception to last winter. Only a few days were in the -30's, and most the time was in the -teens. But, if it's harder on the gear I'm not doing it. I'm hard enough on gear as it is lol.

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of tying hahaha.

John. The Scott may be well seasoned for winter, but I don't wanna stress it out. It's experienced, I'm not lol Thanks again my friend!

I figured winter would be rough on gear. but I've seen so many people fishing. Fly, ice etc. Doesn't matter, people fish So I thought I'd toss it out there and find out.

Much appreciated everyone!
Shane
You'll be fine for fishing in the winter around London.

You can fish Bass till the end of Nov, sunfish are open all year. While warm water species will be a little sluggish, there is opportunity to fish coldwater species. It is above freezing till December, especially on sunny afternoons, and it warms up in March.
There are many rivers (Lake Ont and Erie tribs)open till Dec 31... you'll get steelhead though.
The Niagara is open for big fish, but you'll need a big rod and sinking gear.

And its not that hard on gear to fish in the winter, and it is nice to get out.
If there is a nice day (and there are lots in SW Ontario over the winter)... take the rod and go.

At the worst you drive to a creek that remains open throughout the winter, you feel to cold to fish, you buy a coffee for you and your wife and head home.
I fished year round from Wasaga Beach down to Niagara Falls... only in late Jan and Feb were there times when it was too cold to do anything but tie flies. Your biggest hickup will be finding waters where you're allowed to fish in the winter.