Thread: Gold Ribbed Big Foot's Ear Nymph...Not to Be!

Threaded View

Default Gold Ribbed Big Foot's Ear Nymph...Not to Be!

Hi All,

It was too bad that the supposed big foot that was "found" turned out to be a hoax.

Clearly it would have been necessary to determine it's scientific genus, species, diet, weight, and all of the other important biological descriptions and data.

However, I think one of the most important scientific investigations on the big foot would have been to investigate the use of it's hair for fly tying. This surely would have been the next most important piece of information to be found right after determination of the species of this new primate.

Would it's hair have been best for winging bucktail type steamers such as to replace bear in the Black nose dace, or would the best use of the hair have been in a nymph such as the Gold Ribbed Big Foot's Ear Nymph? Perhaps something else?

Who knows? I would have gladly written the fellows who found the beast to volunteer a group of us to do the tying. We could have each had a bit of the hair to try on various patterns.

I can't imagine that the finders would have turned us down with such a great opportunity to add to the scientific knowledge of mankind right at hand. Further, the prestige that they would have gained would have been astounding! "Nobel Prize awarded to Big Foot researchers for Gold Ribbed Big Foot's Ear Nymph investigation!"

Alas, it is not to be, at least not now. Possilbly one of the saddest days in our collective lifetimes. One of the great opportunities for the advancement of the knowledge pool accumulated by the human race is now lost, at least for the time being, and perhaps forever.

I hope that the rest of you were not devistated by the news, that the Big Foot that was found was in fact just a gorilla suit, and in fact was a hoax.

With deep regrets but with regards,

Gandolf
    Last edited by Gandolf; 08-20-2008 at 04:17 AM.