brhoff -

I didn't respond when you first inquired about the Tiger Eye because I had only had the opportunity to fish my 6' for 2/3 for a couple hours.

In the past week, I've fished it twice more for several hours each time, with a Rio Selective Trout II DT3F line.

This blank, at least in the 6' for 2/3 with the Rio line is definitely in the faster part of medium fast, and the tip is not at all wimpy. If the action in the higher weights you are considering is the same as in my rod, I think you will find this blank just what you are looking for.

Also, catching 17" cutthroat in moderate to fast currents puts a real bend in the 2/3 - but the rod just feels like it has all kinds of backbone. It feels like there would be no limit to what it could handle in soft or still water situations. ( I'm sure there is a limit, but not likely any place I would fish that rod, although I would like to find out !! )

Beyond the action and backbone, the price is great, the finish on the blank is very good, and the aesthetics are outstanding.

Pretty clear to me why Smernsky is such a big fan of the Tiger Eye blanks across the whole range of line weights.

John