I know this has been posted before no doubt, but I want to remind all to waer some sort of life vest when fishing waters where you may need one.
We lost 3 people here in Southern Indiana on the Ohio River in about a 2 week period not long ago. All 3 were drowned in rescue attempts. One was a 19 year old young man who managed to save a 12 year old boy by pushing him to safety as he was pulled under by a under current. This happened at Mc Alpine Dam. It is very treacherous waters that look harmless in some places but it is full of ledges and pot holes with some very dangerous under currents.
Two other men were drowned below Cannelton Dam a short a few days later, they tried to rescue someone in a boat that was starting to sink right below the dam. Their boat lost power and both boats were sucked into the dam and destroyed and the under current pulled the men under. Only one survied after coming back to the surface 50 yards or so down river, he was the only one who had on a life jacket.
They never found the bodies of the young boy and 2 men until a few days after in both cases. They all were found not far from where they had drowned. With all the improvements in the life vest we have today, it shouldn't be a bother to wear some sort of vest. There are some very good ones out today and in all price ranges, so please wear one. And respect the saftey bouy's and warnings below these type dams
I count you all as unseen friends and would miss any of you that was lost. please be safe and take good care of yourself.
The very best to all of you, Jesse