+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great guy and super helpful

Smile Great guy and super helpful

Just got off the phone with one of our sponsors, Hook and Hackle, Ron and he spent thirty minutes with me talking and offering advice. Ordered a blank, guides, thread, etc. and he was great. Did not try to sell me the most expensive stuff, even went in the opposite direction and explained his recommendations. It was a pleasure talking with him and spending money, he certainly gets my endorsement for what ever that is worth. Also ordered a Vet grip and rod seat from Mike Popick, another great guy, who was most helpful. I am not the kind of guy who passes around kudos, just to be doing it, but the people on this board and sponsors, have really helped a rookie excited about fly fishing.

thanks,
    shacked

I certainly agree that Ron lives up to his reputation here.

Great guy. Great service. You really can't go wrong with H&H.
    Leave No Trace

shacked -

Bought my first fly rod kit from H & H some time ago. Everything went just right dealing with them, and the kit had quality components at a really good price. Tough to beat that combination.

So you are going to build your own rod ?? That's great !!

I'm looking forward to seeing it about this time next year when you get out this way. Your timing will be just right for one of our really good cutthroat streams at its best.

John
    The fish are always right.

I have had the best experience with H&H than any other mail order/website. I remember around 5 years ago I called them to order my blank. I guess it was apparent that it was my first build and they urged to call if I had any questions or needed some pointers. And now they are local to me, so I've got to support the local guys!

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

I, too give H&H the highest marks. Ron is A- 1, eager, helpful, knowledgable and above all honest. Whatever I want or need that they sell, I buy from them.....
    Two thumbs way up !!.......................ModocDan

Thumbs up

H&H gets a thumbs up from me as well. Just got a kit from them and can't wait to build it !
    Jim

Born to fish - forced to work.

I keep thinking of trying to build my own rod. I need to get off my duff and give these guys a call.
    Remember we all live down stream

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Thumbs up Ditto---here!

I'm really pleased to find that H&H is back on track after a somewhat rough transition period. I recently placed one of those small, nasty orders for fly tying material (1 of these, 2 of those, 1 box of these etc.) While a couple of items had to be back ordered, they arrived promptly as promised. I was highly pleased with the service. I would definitely give Hook and Hackle eight thumbs up! 8T

+ Reply to Thread