+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sea Eagle 9 inflatable boat

Default Sea Eagle 9 inflatable boat

Anyone here familar with the Sea Eagle line of inflatable boats? I was looking at their website and was curious to know more about the Sea Eagle 9. http://www.seaeagle.com/MotormountBoats.aspx

I am looking for a portable boat for fishing some of the lakes and streams I fish in the Sierras as well as a family boat for just paddling around. What I like to know is this boat durable and will give me and my family years of trouble free service? I am also thinking of using a Minn Kota on it from time to time.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Default Boat

I had one of these boats for years.It was trouble free & worked well because if you took it along on a trip but didn't used it there was no great loss.It stored easily & set up in about 1/2 hour.The pump worked ok but since I have purcased a pontoon boat & a Coleman 2 way hand pump which seems to work quicker.I ran rivers & fished lakes with a electric motor.You can stand up in the ones with floor board & the floor makes it more stable on lakes in windy conditions.I had the inflatable seats but soon discarded them (too hard to maintain balance) I made some wooden bench seats & treated them with Thompson water seal.I hope this helps & if you get one it gives you as much pleasure as mine did me.

Smile

Bud,

Welcome aboard! Thank you for the reply.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

First;
    Welcome aboard Bud. Hope we see more of you soon.

Tyrone;
    If I remember right Sea Eagle is made by "Zodiac"which makes it akin the those awsome boats used by the SEALS!
    I've looked at the 9 some time back and it looked like a nice one person, maybe 2, craft for warm water fishing.

Hi Jack,

If Zodiac does in fact make the boat or has some part in it, it should be a good boat. Years ago when I was heavy into SCUBA diving I owned a Zodiac Cadet. Great boat and I love that I could stow it in my closet.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread