+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Redington CPS rods

Default Redington CPS rods

Hello:
    I cast a CPS 905/4 today. What a rod! very light, tracks very well, and threw a nice tight loop from 20 to 70 ft. with ease. The rod is fast but very user friendly with a nice soft. The rod was built with very high quality components and the finish work was excellent, better than most American made rods. For how good this rod is I am very surprised there is little to no metion, of them on the fly fishing boards. This rod is far superior to anything TFO is producing and their rods get alot of praise. A great rod for the price of $250.00

Lanny

For what it's worth I've been fishing the RS-2 Redington rods for several years now and they seem to fit my casting quite well. I don't know why they do not seem as well known - altho there aren't any dealers in my area anymore. Lots of TFO dealers tho. Maybe that's it.

Donald

I have a 5wt CPS and it is every bit as good as my Sage 7 wt rod. I even test cast it against an equivalent Sage rod and they both felt the same. I am very impressed with Redington on this one. Sage does have a cooler rod tube though
    Migs

I like the RS3 a lot better than the CPS. Both are good, but the CPS feels softer to me and I like a fast rod.

------------------
    Ken

There is a fine line between fly fishing and and just standing in a river looking like and idiot.

I thought Sage had purchased Redington?

Can't really say is is superior to a TFO as I love the action of the Pro series TFO has for $140 bucks. Yes, the TFO doesn't have the beauty but it has the right feel and performance.

+ Reply to Thread