me and a friend were cleaning out his storage space and came across several old fishing rods. some conventional, but many fly rods. a few were Heddon and some South Bend and maybe others, but what caught my eye were that some were what looked like bamboo (shapewise).

i found out that my friend's grandpa was really into fishing but no one else in the family really seemed to care for the rods except as momentos. so i wondered, if they were gonna chuck em, if they're worth anything. if so, i can at least tell my friend what they're possibly worth but otherwise, i'd be more than willing to take them off their hands.

i don't know what year any of the rods are without further examination, but they look to be from maybe the 50's or 60's judging by the type and design of the few graphics. there were a few multi-piece rods made of split cane i assume with metal ferrules, cork handles, and some with sliding reel locks. once had a fake marble looking reel seat. the guides looked in good shape considering their storage and age but they are not pristine. didnt find any broken guides or tip tops in my quick examination.

so my questions: are they fishable? are they heirlooms? is there a website that has pictures so i can possibly identify these rods?

this is rally cool stuff that is like finding buried treasure for someone like me!

------------------
take him fishing