Thread: A Cumberland River Adventure!

Threaded View

Default A Cumberland River Adventure!

At the Michigan Fish-In I met aother "Displaced Yankee" (from NH) that now resides in KY.
    Now, he needed a little help with his casting (to say the least) but we soon got him straightened out and went on to spend several days prospecting for trout. He even caught a few!
    Well a couple of weeks ago I received an email asking about fishing the Cumberland River for a few days. He would bring his camping trailer down to the Wolf Creek Dam Camp Grounds and I could join him for a few days of trout fishing.
    Understand that the Wolf Creek Dam is in danger of falling down but this only lent a bit of danger to the invite and made it impossible to turn down.
    Being swept away by a 200 foot high wall of water, trees, mud, rocks, houses, etc. Just something lurking in the back of your head while you're reeling in an 18" Brown!
    It was hot and humid! The release schedule for the Dam is impossible to decipher! (I think the Army Corp of Engineers uses a dart board!!)
    The fishing was slow but the quality was very good.

Here's our own rst in action, a master with a net, playing the fish and bringing one to hand.
    I had a difficult time getting him to understand that his 6 am. is my 5 am.! And that I don't do 5 am.!! Trout fishing is a civilized past time and that we were not unshaven, unbathed, beer swilling, worm flinging louts.....well at least not worm flingers!! He did give in to my time zone (after all we were fishing in it) and we set off at my 6:30 am. for a very good morning of fishing.
    Last edited by Jack Hise; 08-09-2008 at 04:19 AM.