Thread: A Cumberland River Adventure!

Threaded View

Hey Jack glad to see you made it back to Tennessee. Great time down there behind the Damed Dam. I realized you had a hard time accepting that my 6 AM was your 5 AM, but everyone should know that I had just as had time accepting that your 12:30 AM was my 1:30 AM. But we made it through it just fine.

Hey you should know that Rudy (the KY Fish & Game Biologist) called me last night. In fact he was calling everyone he knows that fishes on the Cumberland. Said there was a phenomenon not seen on the river in it's entire history. For some reason fish of all species were coming out of the woods and squirming their way into the river. Said it started last Saturday and wanted to know if I had ever seen anything like this before, because no one in the F&G had seen it or knows what would cause it. I said no I had not but this one was an EASY answer! I told Rudy that Jack Hise left the Cumberland on Friday and during the week he was using flies he tied for use on a couple of rivers down in Tenn. I noticed some fish jumping up on to the bank when you started fishing, but didn't realize that they kept on going into the brush.

Thought I would post a few pictures of our trip for the folks to see.

And hey - you didn't mention that you caught a really nice Brown down river where Crocus Creek dumps in. What was that fish, 17 or 18 inches wasn't it?

The attached pictures are:
    JH_1, JH_2, JH_3, JH_4, are pictures of JH on different sections of the Cumberland.
    JH_fish_1, and JH_fish_2, are some of the trout that he hauled in.
    JH_deer, is when Jack tried to lure in a deer so we would have some venison to go with the can of "beanie weenies" we were warming up.

(Just realized I can only upload 5 files. So will attach three more in an seperate e-mail next.)

And how could I forget the "Tenn_boot_repair" picture. Folks take a look at the way Fly Fishers from Tennessee repair a torn heel. That's my awning leg sticking in that boot. I laughed when I see that, but I'll be darned, I think it worked just fine.

Jack you're right on the money with the Army Corp of Engineers and how they determine when to release water. It HAS to be a dart board, and they must put blindfolds on when they throw the darts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rst; 08-10-2008 at 04:18 AM.
    Bob

~~~ Fly Fish the Cumberland, it will make you live longer.~~~