+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feels Like Fall

Default Feels Like Fall

It seems that many have been complaining of the heat lately. Well, in the Island Nation this morning it feels like the year's first real fall day. No humidity, temp right now is 65. Hi temp for today is supposed to be around 77. It's the kind of weather that just makes you want to be outside. Even you're doing nothing. This may be a little premature, but I thought maybe some of you would like a little cool down (in the spirit of Len's traditions)

Makes you want to just sit on a bench outside and let a cool breeze blow on you....
    Leave No Trace

Makes me want to go trail riding.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Ryan -

Nice pics of Ohio. Looks a bit different now than it did the few times I was there about thirty years ago. I guess all those hills grew up ??

Yes, indeed. Fall is in the air here, too. We had some monsoon storms roll through last night just before sunset and it was dark before 9:00. Kind of stopped me cold - just a few weeks ago it was light out until past 10:00.

Fall is a great time for the hiking boots to get some use. And for streamer fishing for browns on the South Fork and Henry's Fork. In the meantime, got to take advantage of summer. Headed for the mountains again Sunday for two or three days.

John
    The fish are always right.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Ryan -

Nice pics of Ohio. Looks a bit different now than it did the few times I was there about thirty years ago. I guess all those hills grew up ??
    Aaahh, wishful thinking.

These were taken in the Wasatch mountains in Utah County UT about 5 yrs. ago.

Some were taken around Mt. Timpanogos and some were taken around the Tibble Fork, Silver Lake Flat/Silver Lake Trail area.

Heheh. From August 1 til November used to be my favorite time of year fishing. You get throw the biggest hoppers you can at very healthy browns, big streamers at football shaped bows and cutts and most of the time by yourself because most of the other guys who fished during the summer are gearing to go hunting.

btw, you can click on any of those pictures to see a photo album with more shots
    Leave No Trace

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Wild One;
    Where did you hide the Spam?????

The last two days in N. Indiana have been perfect!

A/C gets put away and windows stay open; Sundays are set aside for football, food and drink; Natures flora begins it's colorful crawl into winter; Salmon start returning to rivers and streams and Steelhead are not far off. This is my favorite time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by MSD53X View Post
    Wild One;
    Where did you hide the Spam?????
    sorry, not sure I follow?
    Leave No Trace

Whew, exausted, hevn't posted in while...I strapped on the hiking boots last week and headed to Delaware County in search of the mountains pictured.

Strapped on the shorty 3wt and some dry flies hoping to find a mountain Brook Trout and now...

I find these WERE NOT from OHIO!

Great OOGLY MOOGLIE!

+ Reply to Thread