Some of you might know I started a camping group in 2003. We do at least 2 if not more campouts per year. This year has been slim and we wanted to have one soon. The place close to us (65 miles) has a lot of construction going on so the wife and I decided to go check it out. I have the cruise control set on 65 the speed limit, and not another soul on the road. About 3/4's of the way there we see a truck in front of us. I pass it. It is a nice newer Dodge 3/4 ton 4X4 with camper shell. A old guy is driving it. In front of that is a old pickup with household goods in it going slow as well so I pass it. the nice new truck passes it as well. About 3 miles down the road flashing blue and red lights show up in the mirror. The nice new truck with the old guy happens to be the sherrif. I pull over thinking it is going by me as I am doing the speed limit. NOPE he pulls over behind me. I put my hands on the dash and wait for him to get up to the car. He asks for liscense, registration, and insurance. I pull out the registration and give it to him and show him my license. We can not find the insurance but we can find the old insurance I canceled and changed last week. He says, "You were going 72 in a 65 and I clocked you on radar and GPS. I say but my speedo said 65. He says ok but would you sign the registration so I don't have to give you a ticket for that. Do you know sir your license expired 3 days ago? I say no that is just great. He says where is your insurance. I say this is the old and I have no idea where the new is. My wife says I could have sworn I put it in the car. He says who is the new insurance company? I tell him. He says if I run wants and warrents what will I find. I say go ahead I have none. Now he says it is a very nice day. I say yes it is and we are going to the lake to check out camping spots. He says drive a little slower, it is to nice of a day to give a ticket for any of this. Have a good day sir. I say thank you thank you and go on my merry way. Then we stopped at the store to use the restroom and say a quick thank you to jesus