Just found out about a major conflict with the schedule, so TomB and I will not be able to make it to this year's Lowell fun fest. The heck of it is we were originally going to spend a couple of weeks in CO early July, but the high water pushed that back, as it would have for the Rockies in general. Then I got sucked into the World Wide FF Tournament (I blame this on you ookie); so that will be the 1st 2 weeks of Sept.

Now, after 50 yrs of enjoying being a dry fly purist, I've had to learn Czech nymphing, with the Spanish and Polish variations. Mike Murgida was kind enough to take a few days last month to meet me in State College to teach me some of this along with the weird rules.

Guyz, this is worse than work, because I really enjoy work. And it's not fun at all. I'm realizing it's the trouts I don't catch that bring me back to the water, and I don't particularly enjoy catching trouts. It's the figuring out and the fooling that turn me on.

So I was looking forward to getting in some real fun ffishing there in Lowell. Ratz.

tl
les