+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ya. Gotta Love it!

Hybrid View

Default Ya. Gotta Love it!

I just thought this was "cool", considering her age and the fact she stood up for herself, to go on the outing, to begin with!

updated 2:13 p.m. PT, Wed., Aug. 6, 2008

LADYSMITH, Wis. - Bragging rights to landing a trophy bass belong to an unlikely angler from Ladysmith -- 104-year-old Rose Kunkel. She reeled in her biggest catch to date on a recent fishing trip by residents of the Ladysmith Nursing Home. Kunkel says she may not have the best technique when it comes to casting, but she knows how to reel in the keepers. She says you just keep winding and pulling. The monthly fishing trip was only for the guys until Rose spoke up when they talked about it in the nursing home's dining room recently. She had fished all her life and wanted to join them. There were no objections. Rose will get to keep her 17-inch bass. Wildlife Creations Taxidermy is mounting the fish free of charge for the Kunkel family.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cool Hurrah

for her. You just can't keep a good fisherman down (even if she is a gal). Thought of you yesterday Paul while we were on the beach at Ocean Shores. Jealous as heck for living where you do! Of course if we lived there I would get absolutely nothing done.

This is great. This means I may have more than 60 years to enjoy fishing!
    Jon

Paul -

Way beyond COOL !!

That's my kind of gal. And my wife would love Rose beyond words.

Thanks for the post.

John

P.S. Kudos to Wildlife Creations Taxidermy.
    The fish are always right.

Smile

Thanks for the heart warming story!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I hope I am still alive and kicking (and fishing no less) at that age. What a great story. Thanks Paul for sharing the story.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    for her. You just can't keep a good fisherman down (even if she is a gal). Thought of you yesterday Paul while we were on the beach at Ocean Shores. Jealous as heck for living where you do! Of course if we lived there I would get absolutely nothing done.

Now, we just HAPPEN to have an "extra bed", that's not being used at all this summer, Lady Fisher and you KNOW you're always welcome to drop on in and "help ME, do nothing", for as long as you want to stay! Heck, for the right price, we might even be convinced to let you bring 'ol what's his name along, too!
    (Oddest thing.........the spare room's empty, this summer, since we informed all the relation that; "we'd moved inland, about 75 miles"!?)
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

104 and reeling them in!!! Great story thank you, It went well with my morning coffee...

Quote Originally Posted by flybinder View Post
    (Oddest thing.........the spare room's empty, this summer, since we informed all the relation that; "we'd moved inland, about 75 miles"!?)

Ladysmith huh?
    Reminds me of my uncle who married a local girl and spent a good portion of his life there.
    Loren was an outstanding finish carpenter and a part time gunsmith among other things. When he died prematurely at age 68, after a lifelong struggle with alcoholism, he had at least 8 guns in various degrees of disassembly with parts strewn everywhere. I'm sure he knew exactly where everything was and where it belonged, but no one else did.
    My Uncle Buddy...an admirable guy in so many ways.
    nam

I got to say, this surprises you how?! Just kidding, that is awesome.
    WOMEN RULE! (just ask my husband...I will make sure he answers correctly)

+ Reply to Thread