+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Holiday at Tyson Foods

Default Other little ethnic communities that come to mind...

German, African, Polish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, French, Korean, Mexican, Cuban, Swedish, Dutch, Irish, Portuguese, Scottish, Danish, Armenian, Lithuanian, Laotian, South American, Canadian, Pacific Islander, Jewish, Middle Eastern, Greek, Vietnamese and indigenous populations. If I've misspelled, insulted, maligned or otherwise spoken non-pc lemme know via pm but I apologise in advance if I have.

I couldn't figure out how to place some Anglos other than as mentioned but then again this was off the top with no research or prep time.

Again I hope no one is offended either by being mentioned or by not being mentioned. Also please feel free to mention any other little ethic communties that I've overlooked that make up these United States.

There.

MontanaMoose
    Last edited by MontanaMoose; 08-05-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: misspell

If an American citizen felt they were being oppressed by their country's political machine (you know, like taxation with crooked representation), is there a country where they could go to as a political refugee, get a job handed to them, get welfare so you don't go hungry, get section 8 support so you could live in a decent place, be permitted to express your personal and political views whenever and wherever you choose, and have their American holidays become paid days off from work along with the host country's holidays? Where would this person be welcomed and pampered like this country does? I'm drawing a blank...help me out here.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

nighthawk Guest

I don't have a real problem with them having their holiday. A former owner of a very big retailer was Jewish but made certain that all of his Christian employees got Easter Sunday off.

What I do have a problem with here is being an hyphenated American. I do not look at people as Jewish-American, Muslim-American, Christian-American, Anglo-American, African-American, Native-American, Irish-American, German-American, Italian-American and on to infinity.... Either you are an American, with all of the accompanying liberties and responsibilities, or you are not American.

If you are a liberal or politically correct do not go to the following web site. It is from John Wayne and you will not like it. Otherwise turn up your audio and click this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fuzLTrwVbc

When I was a young soldier my first assignment was to Bravo Troop, 7/17th Cavalry, 6th Air Cavalry Brigade, Attack Helicopter. One of the first things any member of the armed forces does during orientation into their new unit is to meet the First Sargent, or top Non-Commissioned Officer. "Top" was very obviously of Japanese descent.

Later on I would come to find out that he was a survivor of the bombing of Hiroshima. An eyewitness that was then just about 5-6 years old. His mother came to America after W.W.II and brought her children with her. They became U.S. citizens and Top served several tours in Vietnam. He holds no animosity against America. Quite the opposite, he loves his country, The United States Of America! In a very private discussion one day he described to me the horrors, in very graphic details, of a nuclear attack. When I asked him if that didn't make him just a little angry at us I couldn't have hurt him more if I had physically struck him, so great is his love of our nation. He told me that he felt Japan was wrong for attacking America but we fought an honorable fight and then treated the enemy we had just conquered with nothing but chivalry and honor.

Well, when I think of the phrase "Duty, Honor, Country" I see Top Yamasi standing there in that faded B.D.U. uniform leading his troops. He taught me a lot about what it means to be an American!

I agree that selling off our infrastructure and being a hyphenated American is very bad however, we must insure that the all important freedom of religion is protected and freedom to worship is allowed so long as it does no harm to the nation.

Sorry. End of rant.

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic View Post
    If an American citizen felt they were being oppressed by their country's political machine (you know, like taxation with crooked representation), is there a country where they could go to as a political refugee, get a job handed to them, get welfare so you don't go hungry, get section 8 support so you could live in a decent place, be permitted to express your personal and political views whenever and wherever you choose, and have their American holidays become paid days off from work along with the host country's holidays? Where would this person be welcomed and pampered like this country does? I'm drawing a blank...help me out here.
    Joe,
    I agree. The only other countries that come to mind right off hand are all Western Allies. I have a lot of respect for people like you that will always give back more than they ever will take from the nation. Used to be that we gave to our immigrants and they were more than happy to give back at least as much in return. Now it seems all we hear and see is "Give Me" most of the time.

I wish you could meet my two friends from Uzbekistan. The simplest things that we take for granted make them so happy! Hard workers too.

I still remember, from high school history class, how successful the Trojan Horse was and cannot help but think we, US citizens, need to be more concerned about what is happening around us and we should become involved. My most fear is for my grandchildren. I want for them to have the freedoms I have enjoyed, but, fear they will not have any the way we continue to lose more and more freedoms everyday.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Hey Guys, THE WORKERS VOTED for this change, THE WORKERS got what they voted for, is that not democracy at work? Should we critisize or should we congratulate? Seems to me the right to choose is the American way, long may it stay that way.
    All the best.
    Mike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMoose View Post
    German, African, Polish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, French, Korean, Mexican, Cuban, Swedish, Dutch, Irish, Portuguese, Scottish, Danish, Armenian, Lithuanian, Laotian, South American, Canadian, Pacific Islander, Jewish, Middle Eastern, Greek, Vietnamese and indigenous populations. If I've misspelled, insulted, maligned or otherwise spoken non-pc lemme know via pm but I apologise in advance if I have.

I couldn't figure out how to place some Anglos other than as mentioned but then again this was off the top with no research or prep time.

Again I hope no one is offended either by being mentioned or by not being mentioned. Also please feel free to mention any other little ethic communties that I've overlooked that make up these United States.

There.

MontanaMoose

I think that you left off the Island Nation of Ohio...

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    I think that you left off the Island Nation of Ohio...

Ed
    Thank you, Ed. We are certainly a people set apart...for more reasons than you know.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic View Post
    Joe and Montana Moose..... the answer to your questions is Yes Canada and Canadians. We have 11 stats ( paid holidays )
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

I once worked for a company that had a section which permitted the one muslim(converted from baptist) to have this day off as a paid holiday, also the prayer sessions during the day were conducted on the clock. Non-muslims were expected to work. I always felt that was wrong.

What Tyson did makes sense, folks voted 80% for it, they got it. All are treated equal, and all had a chance to vote on it.

But then I also agree with John Wayne and Teddy...we are Americans. You come here you play our game our way. Footballs are not round.

+ Reply to Thread