+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Holiday at Tyson Foods

Hybrid View

Default Labor Day Holiday at Tyson Foods

OK I know this isn't the government endorsing a religion but come on now; what the heck is going on in America with the trashing of our traditions in the name of diversity and accommodation of the minority.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,397645,00.html

These kinds of things are going on all over US and I try real hard to not think about them because they get me so "worked up" I could do something that I would possibly regret later, but, then again, maybe I would not regret it! It is time someone put a stop to this kind of stuff before America is gone!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

As foreign interests continue to purchase large blocks of ownership in American companies (and entire corporations as well), you will continue to see changes which reflect the culture of that ownership. Not all of it is bad, but not all of it is good. In this country EVERYTHING has a price tag, and as long as we allow free enterprise and an open market system, we will continue to see changes that not everyone will be happy with. Keep in mind that much of this sellout has been authorized by us when we sent our elected representatives to Washington to speak on our behalf and to form policy. From the Island Nation of Ohio we are represented by the Wit brothers... Dim Wit, Half Wit and Nit Wit. Kind of tells you what's going on out there.

Oh, and EVERYONE has a price tag as well. I'll leave the WHO and HOW MUCH up to you, but just pick up the newspaper and you can start a list from there.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

This could happen here also but not yet fortunately. What's next no Christmas or Easter holidays for the more than 500 non-muslims in the factory?
    Jon

Below are the words of Theodore Roosevelt defining how immigrants should assimilate to American customs,language and traditions rather than the opposite. The action at Tyson Foods just illustrates the fanatic belief that "diversity" is more precious than assimilation. I speak firsthand on this subject. I and my parents are also immigrants who came here with different customs, language and traditions. We were/are proud of our heritage BUT never attempted to have our new home assimilate to US. We became FIRST, AMERICANS and then "of.....................descent".

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good
    faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on
    an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any
    such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon
    the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an
    American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an
    American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for
    but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and
    that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and
    that is a loyalty to the American people .'
    Theodore Roosevelt

Every American citizen needs to read this!

AMERICA, love it ,respect it or GET THE HELL OUT.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Damn well said, Marco.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Below are the words of Theodore Roosevelt defining how immigrants should assimilate to American customs,language and traditions rather than the opposite. The action at Tyson Foods just illustrates the fanatic belief that "diversity" is more precious than assimilation. I speak firsthand on this subject. I and my parents are also immigrants who came here with different customs, language and traditions. We were/are proud of our heritage BUT never attempted to have our new home assimilate to US. We became FIRST, AMERICANS and then "of.....................descent".

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good
    faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on
    an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any
    such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon
    the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an
    American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an
    American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for
    but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and
    that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and
    that is a loyalty to the American people .'
    Theodore Roosevelt

Every American citizen needs to read this!

AMERICA, love it ,respect it or GET THE HELL OUT.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    Well said. Imagine if we here in Iceland were to assimilate to foreign customs and languages instead of immigrants to our customs and language. There are only about 330.000 Icelanders so we would be having a new language and holidays maybe even next year if we got a flood of immigrants in the coming months. Currently immigrants are helped to learn the language and our ways but there seem to be signs that this will change. That is bad news.
    Jon

The men that negotiated that Labor day be a national holiday in the first place would be appauled at this story.

A couple of things that are happening here in the US. We have all been trained that it is a bad thing to promote our self interests above some other cultures, but the other cultures have not been trained this way. If we try to promote good American values, we are racists or are somehow discriminating against, etc. We all have to learn to stand up for our way of life. Even me tying those words, I sound like an old KKK speach from the south. We have again been trained that to promote the American way is a bad thing. Why is it acceptable for other cultures to self promote, but not us? We live in strange times indeed?

Rick

The article indicates that 80% of the Union Members at the location where this happened agreed to the change from a paid holiday on Labor Day to a paid holiday for the Muslim holy day of Eid al-Fitr. Only 20% of the work force there is Muslim ( 25% of the Union Membership ) so obviously a large number / percent of the non Muslim workers voted for the change.

It is evident that a large majority of the non Muslim Union Members decided to take the Muslim holy day as their paid holiday to accomodate their Muslim co-workers.

What is not clear in the article is whether Labor Day will still be available to workers who want to take is as a non-paid vacation day, but I would be very confident that Tyson will permit any employees that want to take that day off to do so. If they have un-used paid vacation days they can certainly take Labor Day as a paid vacation day - if they have used all their paid vacation days, they will have to take it off without pay.

The Muslims did not cause this to happen - the non Muslims caused the change with their vote, for their own plant location, which is only one out of 119 plants run by Tyson, according to the article.

Seems to me that this is what America is all about.
    The fish are always right.

For those who dont know, snopes is a fact-checking website that I have found to be extremely useful in cases such as this. so here is the Snopes article on this:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/tyson.asp

That being said, I feel that Marco has put it more plainly and succinctly than I ever could. I, for one, am afraid that this flood of politically correct diversification will eliminate all those things that made the United States of America such a sought after destination in years past by the downtrodded. It was a place to start anew. A place that would allow you to become what you couldnt in your home country, or to have the resources that you lacked in your home country. More and more I see immigrants moving to the US and making little home countries inside our borders. This is completely counter to what I see as the goal of immigration, a fresh start.

But thats just one mans humble opinion...

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread